Yes it’s true; that's why this post is dedicated to him (Gary is Irish hence the language).
Not only is he a great father to our wonderful daughter Cassandra but a wonderful husband as well :) Like most couples we've had our ups and downs but we’ve always remained in love; our relationship is filled with a lot of humor (yet again… he is Irish!) which makes everyday a little bit brighter no matter how dark things might seem.
We met in London 1999 and from the moment I saw him I knew that I wanted to know this sparkling person. Unfortunately for me I seemed almost invisible to him… ha ha I remember how difficult it was to get him to notice me, not that I actually know how to get people to notice me full stop; I’ve never been able to master that power (I am clueless when it comes to flirting). Anyway, I finally gave up and went about things like normal and THEN he noticed me… men are weird huh?!
Even though we’ve been together for 12 years we still find out new things about each other all the time, so strange… maybe it has something to do with us being so different, it’s rather funny as we always react to most things like night and day – it can be silly things as picking furniture or bigger things like politics. I do think though; that our differences stop our relationship from becoming dull and boring.
Today was one of those days that made me realize what a great guy my hubby is! We were on our way to do some food shopping and had to make a quick stop by the post office but we couldn’t get there as a very long lorry was stuck in the middle of the road. A stressed lorry driver was trying to reverse to make a delivery but had somehow managed to get stuck in a curve. A line of cars had formed and we could hear the sound of car horns; a few people had stepped out of their cars to get a better view of the poor lorry driver. I felt so bad for him as I could only imagine how he felt and the look in his face was pure devastation. It was infuriating that people were so heartless and were trying to make him move out of the way by shouting and sounding their car horns; but not a single soul offered their help, until we got there that is! Without hesitating Gary got out of the car and ran up to the driver to ask him if he needed a hand reversing, you could see the relief in the lorry drivers face as Gary started waving his arms to direct him where to go. Within a few minutes the road was clear and I wondered how long the guy would have sat there if Gary wouldn’t have offered him help.
This might not sound like a lot to you but in my eyes things like this show the character of a person and Gary is my hero!
/Minerva hasn’t stopped smiling since her husband helped a man in need
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar